Wednesday 21 March 2007

Quilting Retreat

Well I had another fabulous weekend. This time with my quilting friends. There were 14 of us, some for the whole weekend, some for two nights and some for the day. There was lots of laughter, sewing and sharing. Some of us even did some knitting.
DH was home babysitting Shelby and DJ so he had a good weekend as well (so did Shelby as "Papa' lets her get away with just about anything).
I made 25 siggy blocks as I am way behind and need to get about 12 sent out. I also did most of the quiling on a small Dear Jane quilt and my Sweet Things quilt. This year I am trying to finish off as many UFO's as possible. There are a lot of them. I need to clean my sewing room and will probably find a few I had forgotten about.
Lisa and her DH Rene are going to do the 2 day walk for breast cancer as Lisa is a breast cancer survivor. They need to raise $2,000 a piece to be in the walk so the quilting group (The Naughty Knotty Threads) volunteered to each do a baby quilt for her to sell. I also donated my blue Modular scarf. If you want to help let me know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment