Monday 18 August 2008

HELP the heat is going to do me in

I really don't like to complain about the weather but this heat just wears me out. I have had to take my asthma inhalers as I am finding it hard to breath. We get the odd bit of rain but all it does is add more humidity to the air. I still have to water the garden. One thing that is nice is the grass doesn't grow very fast so I don't have to mow as often.
I am on the last row of clue 7 for my Slow Bee 1 only 64 rows to go. At this time there are 650 sts to a row so the rows take a while to do.
My Anniversary shawl has been on hold until SB1 is finished. I have also done a very foolish thing. As if I do not already have a gizillion shawl patterns I joined a group where they test knit shawl patterns. To make it worse Leo has designed a Benden shawl and this is only the first one based on Ann McCaffery's books. I LOVE HER BOOKS. Now I will have to knit all these shawls as well.
I haven't done much quilting but have plans to do some this week as I have a baby quilt to finish, one baby quilt pattern to test and siggy blocks to finish for the end of the month.
Shelby was here last night, not so much to see us but to play with her friend next door. She has requested a scarf and hat for her penguin and would like me to make her a monkey puppet and a teddy bear . So far I have done a penguin scarf out of left over sock yarn and am working on the hat. I am almost to the point where I can frog DH's mouse chewed socks back to the hole.
Oh yes Shelby also asked me why the crocheted monkey I made for her mother has lost its hands and feet. Like I should know. It lives at her house and she doesn't clean up after herself so I suggested that this might be the problem. Well that suggestion went over like a lead balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment