Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Okay, okay I know

It's been a month since I wrote anything here but it has been a very busy month. After Jill had the c-section she needed a lot of help at home so I was going over every day doing her house work and looking after her and the children while she tried to get some sleep. She was having a lot of swelling in her feet and difficultly breathing which wasn't improving. She saw the Dr. a week after the birth but he thought the shortness of breath was due to her stopping smoking and she forgot to tell him about her swollen feet and legs. I think he should have noticed it as she couldn't even get her right shoe on properly but obviously I was wrong. I know that is hard to believe as I , of course am hardly ever wrong .............. any one out there looking to buy a bridge...........
Anyway........... to make a long story shorter............ I made her go into the clinic and fortunately the obstetrician was on vacation so we saw a different Dr.. He sent her for an X-ray and Lab tests. While we were at the lab the Dr. phoned and told Jill to go to emergency. He asked which hospital she would go to so he could phone to say she was coming. We went to Eagle Ridge Hospital .......... they examined her, hooked her up to a heart monitor and an IV and sent her by ambulance to the Critical Care Unit at Royal Columbian Hospital. She had Congestive Heart Failure and they discovered she had a narrowed valve in her heart. After 5 days in the hospital they sent her home.......... she and the kids stayed with us for a couple of days.
While she was in the hospital Bill and I looked after the children........... it has been a long time since I did diapers, bottles, formula and night time feedings............Now I never thought I would say these words as I don't do OLDE but I AM TOO OLDE FOR THIS........ along with this I was spending 2-3 hours at the hospital talking to Jill and watching the numbers on the heart monitor ......... all of which were way above normal. Fortunately Cory had taken Shelby with her to a wedding so they were gone almost the entire time Jill was in the hospital. Tomorrow I go with her to see the Cardiologist and we should know more after talking to him.

It took me a week to recover from looking after the baby. Jill is breast feeding so that is good for her as it is so much easier than formula and bottles. Jill and the girls have been over here every day since except Sunday when I went there to help Shelby clean her room.

You know how we all have food we turn to in times of stress....... well I usually choose from the following list:
Potato chips
Hawkins Cheezies (they are the only cheezies worth buying)
Cinnamon buns
Cheese and crackers
Well I went to the grocery store and bought the entire list ............. yes you read that right ............... I bought every comfort food I could lay my hands on then went home and ate it........ well not all of it in one day but it was all gone in three days. This means any weight I may have lost looking after the baby I immediately found again. The main thing is that Jill is doing well and Shelby is a big help for her and loves her baby sister.

As far as knitting, quilting or spinning there is not much of that going on. I have managed to clear off the dining room table but then covered it with a jigsaw puzzle that is three feet across and 1,000 pieces.

Well tonight is Knit Night at the Pool Hall but if it is nice out we bring our spinning wheels. I should take my camera and get a photo of us to post here.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad she is doing much better! I hope you are recovering well too! Take care and try to put your feet up for at least a few minutes. (((hugs!)))