Wednesday 29 June 2011

Life goes on


Well DD is doing very well.  She feels better than she has in years so I guess the heart problem was causing more problems than we knew.
I have been away for 4 days.  Four of us did the Western Washington Shop Hop.  Tracey couldn't come because of family events but we took her with us in spirit.


Margaret, Karen, Tracey, Lisa, Jocelyn

We had a wonderful time and bought all kinds of fabric,  drank wine in the evening, soaked in the hot tub in the hotel and laughed so much I had to take my asthma inhaler. It was so nice to get away and forget our problems.  Time with friends is very important and precious. Margaret is the driver, I navigate, lisa and Jocelyn sat in the back seat and were in charge of snacks and garbage disposal.  Every evening we would have show and tell so we could show off our purchases.


  bought fabric for a quilt for my Son-in-law, two baby quilts (not saying for whom), fabric that was supposed to go with the spinning fabric Dotty gave me but......................................... I somehow got side tracked ....................  I don't know how that happened ........................and it is a knitting quilt for me.
I wasn't buying any more Dragon or Chicken fabric ..................... yeah right.............. there are some things that I just can't resist.  Then there is the Chocolate fabric that only Jocelyn was able to resist. Even Tracey who wasn't really with us, was unable to resist the Chocolate Challenge.  We all have the same fabrics and the challenge is to make something with them before the next Shop Hop.   Usually we only buy the feature fabric and every one adds their own fabric to it.  It will be very interesting to see how this
challenge  turns out.

Fabric from Margaret.
 Dragon fabric I wasn't going to buy
 Labels to go with the fruit and vegetable fabrics
 Chicken fabric I wasn't going to buy.
 For my friend
 Baby quilt fabric
 Football fabric
Knitting Sheep fabric

 Baby quilt fabric

Chocolate Challenge Fabric




Well tonight is Knit Night at the Pool Hall and I
better go make some dinner and get changed. The site is not letting me add photos so I will try again later.
I participated in a wee sock swap and the theme was the Little Mermaid.  This is what I received from Margie




This is what I sent.

document_upload22067-2_medium2.jpg



document_upload21726-2_medium2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment