Tuesday 19 July 2011

One onion and an Oak tree

This week I planted flowers in the new flower bed that my neighbor helped me build. I went out to admire it this morning........................ I mean it started out as a hole in the ground from when Bill parked a motor home there.  So then I looked the "vegetable garden"..............................I never got around to planting it again this year................................ so it isn't really a vegetable garden.  Other than the weeds the only thing growing there is one onion and an Oak tree.  Does the Oak tree count as a weed as i didn't plant it there and weeds are defined as "Plants that are growing where you don't want them." Now does anyone in their right mind want an Oak tREE GR6W5NG 5N THE (excuse the spelling the baby was "helping") garden to shade all the vegetables. Now the question is should I just leave that over grown patch of weeds and dig it up next spring or should I dig it up now. It is rather late to plant now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mind you I could always buy plants from the garden centre............. would like to add more herbs but they are asking ridiculous prices for the annuals.......................... decisions, decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. if you don't really want that oak tree... I will take it... dig it up and put it in a pot.. and bring it to me in October... Larry would love an Oak tree... we have a black walnut... and lots of others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can plant garlic, onions, all kinds of greens for salad, chives, patio tomatoes, ever bearing strawberries, even peas & beans if the bed is on the cool side. Peas & beans don't like a heat wave. Garlic & onions are planted in the Fall anyway . . And you might even get some baby spuds if you get them in ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay, enuf about that damned onion!!! I know time slows down when you're retired but this is just plain laziness!!!!! Time to update!

    ReplyDelete