Thursday 1 November 2012

The North

Well I arrived home Sunday exhausted from the quilting retreat .  Late nights, lots of laughter, some tears,  a fair amount of wine and some quilting.  It was a great weekend with friends.
Monday morning I got up early, finished packing, coffee with DD and DH them DD drove me to Lorraines  and we were off. 

Rain until almost Cache Creek, a little sun,  a lot of cloud and then freezing rain and snow.  Arrived safely in Prince George for the night.  Lorraine's 2 Grand-daughters met us for dinner and came back to the hotel to visit before going back to their own places.  Tuesday morning we awoke to 4 inches of snow.  Put our things in the car after Lorraine cleared the snow away.  Then we had a good breakfast and it was my turn to drive............... Lovely clear sunny day.  Stertches of the road were clear and dry even in the PIne Pass. Arrived at Wendy Sister's home by 1:30 and she was very surprised as she wasn't expecting us until Tuesday................I have very confused sisters but my Niece-in-law had gotten the day right. 
SO I saw my Grand Niece, age 1 and her Mother,  My Janice Sister came over and we phoned Brother John.  Then my Niece Koren and her 2 boys came over followed by her DH Mike.

Yesterday JJ , age 1 was here for the day, Janice came over in the morning for coffee,  Nephew Jason came for lunch, then Navender came to get the baby .  For supper we went to Koren and Mikes with the rest of the family.  Only 10 Trick or Treaters, Koren was so disappointed.

Today John came over for coffee,  when he left Wendy and I went grocery shopping.  Home for 15 minutes before Lorraine and her Mother, Elsie, arrived.  Elsie will be 95 years old on Friday.
We had a lovely visit,  I hadn't seen her for years so it was great. Wendy made a delicious dinner and we spent some time looking at patterns on the internet. Talked to DH on the phone.
That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment