Tuesday 18 September 2007

UFOs

Well I figured I had better write something here before Sharon gets a chance to nag at me. I have been busy finishing UFOs and doing ............ Better sit down for this .................. HOUSE WORK. The kitchen is clean and tidy, the bedroom is clean and tidy and the sewing room is clean and tidy. I have finished three quilting projects and one pair of socks. The photos are in the "Flickr" photos. Here are pictures of two blocks Joyce made for me (DJ block swap). She said she had trouble doing "Bright" fabrics as they are out of her comfort range. I know how this is as I once had to pick out neutral fabrics for a baby quilt................ talk about being out of your comfort range.......... aarruuuuuggghhhh. I think she did a great job and the blocks are lovely.

What am I doing now................ NOT HOUSEWORK although I do need to wash clothes so I don't go naked to the Guild meeting tonight. So here is my list which I am sure is incomplete.
1. working on my oldest quilting UFO
2. Dishcloth KAL
3. working on two of three pairs of socks
4. the mystery shawl
5. but I really need something for show-an- tell at the spinning retreat next month so I really, really need to finish my Faroese shawl. I think I am stalled on this as it is rather boring, just garter stitch and no pattern.
6. writing a bookmark pattern.
7. Another thing that should be done soon is DJ and siggy swap blocks. ........................... these being 6 in number.
Do I take on too much???????? Do I know how to say NO??????? Answer: of course not.
This Friday is DH's birthday, the family are coming on Sunday to celebrate. I may cancel if he doesn't stop calling me . He has been gone 1 hour and 45 minutes and has only phoned me FOUR times for info about things because he forgot to take his memo book with him. It's the Y.

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do on the Quilting retreat in two weeks. I have three large quilts to sandwich and quilt but I always take more projects than I can possibly do as I don't want to get bored. This could be why I have so many UFO' .... you think.
It is now time to have a shower, get dressed and get to work on some of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment