Friday 19 December 2008

will I ever be ready??

I guess whatever is done is enough. Christmas comes whether I am ready or not. Most of the gifts are done but I haven't got the tree up as I can't get it off the top shelf by myself. One DD is sick and the other is going through an emotional upheaval in her current relationship so they aren't any help. I have a plan to get it done tomorrow though. I know where all the decorations are so won't have to look for them.

I can't find my snow-boots ......................... I know they are here someplace and we have snow. I do know they are in this house somewhere........................... if I am lucky I will find them before the snow is all gone. Haven't been sledding yet this year. Usually we sled down one of the hills at my former work place. NEED to find my BOOTS.

I am also cold.I have been colder down here than I ever was up North. It is the dampness that does it. I am going to wrap myself in my shawl from Sheila so I will be nice and cozy. It is very much like getting a hug.

Haven't done any baking yet and I may not as we don't need it but I am planning to have friends over during the holidays. I may bake a few things, we will see. I love short bread cookies and butter tarts. DH loves mincemeat tarts. When he was young and asked about mince meat tarts his Dad used to tell him that he had to shoot the Mince first .

Cory and I have been making center pieces for gifts and for sale. I only needed two but she has sold several. She is trying to make some extra money to make up for the work she isn't getting. Hopefully she will find a new job soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi... love that... go shoot the mince... giggle... hope the shawl keeps ya warm... it was made with love and lots of warm fuzzy thoughts....hope your Christmas is a good one... ours will be busy and crowded..Merry Christmas my dear friend.... hugs sheila

    ReplyDelete