Tuesday 15 September 2009

Why would she give us an empty teapot???

My friend Molly and I went out on Monday to do something we will never do again ...................... we went to Value Village 50% off sale................ aaaaaauuuuaghhhhhh ...................... toooooooooo many people pushing buggies and waiting in line and I think all the good stuff was already gone. I came home with 2 bead bracelets and I can't remember what Molly bought.
I think I have teflon brain ............ nothing sticks. Anyway all this doesn't explain about the empty teapot.
Molly is a tea drinker so when we went for lunch at Tim Horton's we ordered tea with our sandwich. Now the girl wants to know what size we want.
Molly asks " You will give us one teabag right no matter what size of cup we get?'
The girl says"Yes".
Molly " So you are going to charge us more money for a bigger cup of hot water."
Girl " I guess so "
Molly " Do you have tea pots?"
Off the girl goes to find a tea pot and finds some so Molly says" We want 2 small mugs, 2 teabags and two teapots full of hot water." Not hard to do right .................... WRONG............. There is a young man putting our order on a tray and he gives us our sandwiches. and 2 small mugs full of hot water with the teabags in the cups. At this point the girl says to Molly " OH here is your teapot." Are you ready for this ............................ I hope you are sitting down ..........................she hands Molly an EMPTY TEAPOT. Now why would anyone go into a restaurant and order an EMPTY teapot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really what would you want with an EMPTY teapot?
Molly hands it back and asks for it to be filled with hot water. We finally got 2 teapots full of hot water..................... this was no trouble ............ right.
I only ordered tea because I was with Molly as I am annoyed ( that is putting it mildly) with Tim Hortons. Did you know they make this "SPECIAL'" tea ................ it is steeped. How $&(&F else do they think you make tea. If you don't want this "SPECIAL " tea you get a cup of hot water, the cost is determined by how big the cup of HOT WATER is. THIS MAKES ME CRAZY SO I GUESS I NEED TO WRITE A NASTY LETTER AGAIN.

I haven't written as I have been busy canning and cleaning THE ROOM. There is a floor in the room ............ amazing, and it is carpeted. We have turned 27 lbs of cucmber into dill pickles and 35 lbsof garlic into pickled garlic. Don't know what else I have been doing other than knitting and looking after DGD.

2 comments:

  1. A letter is definitely needed to Timmie's.. I wrote one to "milestones" and got a 25 dollar gift certificate... well worth the time.. but the food wasn't any better.. what recipe do you use for pickled garlic...

    ReplyDelete