Monday 9 December 2013

Husbands, tea towels and dogs

What is it about DH that he can't tell a dish cloth from a tea towel. I mean one is at least 4X bigger than the other. He has done dishes in his life so knows dish clothes are used to wash dishes and wipe counters while tea towels are used to dry dishes. But at home if he spills something he wipes it up with the TEA TOWEL......... part of my Birthday present from DD#1 was a lovely WHITE tea towel with Christmas embroidery on it. Like a fool I put it out in the kitchen to show it off. Last night HEwas making a snack and spilt BEET JUICE. ............. Can you guess what happened next........ YES HE WIPED IT UP WITH THE NEW WHITE TOWEL. Yes he is still in the land of the living but only because my car is broken and I have no way to dispose of the body ............well not really but he is at the top of my "shit list". My dear son-in-law Aaronis taking Cory to Mexico for her 40th Birthday. We get to take care of Doozer who is a very round, white Chihuahua who has spent the last hour whining at the door. He finally came and sat in my lap .........until Jill came by just now and he is at the door whining again. Aaaaaaauuuuuuuggghhhh. To top things off Jill is looking after Kujo who is a chihuahua crossed with a boston terrier. So when jill and Elizabeth come to visit in the morning we will have 4 dogs. I may lose my mind over the next week. Elizabeth tries to pick the dogs up by holding them around the neck so is not real popular with anyone when she does that. If she is not doing that they are all playing dog tag which involves a lot of running, chasing and laughter.

1 comment: