Friday 3 July 2009

OH WOW, OH WOW, OH WOW

You should see the package I got in the mail this morning. It is absolutely wonderful......... I joined a "swap sock yarn from your stash" group on ravelry. Today my parcel from Cindy arrived OH MY GOSH ......... it's wonderful. She spoiled me rotten ......honest............. wait until you see it. THREE ........ YES THREE BALLS OF SOCK YARN and OPAL which I love......plus Double pointed needles for knitting socks, stitich markers, 2 cute buttons, a monkey egg, two little bags, a package of different teas, several different hot chocolate flavours, a copy of the local newspaper (she works there), her business card and a lovely note card.










This is the sampler shawl I have been knitting for Knitopia. The pattern is "Queen of the Earth Stole" by Anne Corcoran. The yarn is Zephyr Wool-silk from Fiddlesticks Knitting. It is being blocked, I will try to get a photo of someone modeling it before I take it to Lynn.





As you know I like to find sweaters in the thrift stores and take them apart to use the yarn for something else...........it's like going on treasure hunt. I look for natural fibres so you are looking at silk, cashmere, merino wool and combinations of the above. There is only one problem ........................ I just can't pass up a bargain.................... I think this is about half of my stash of re-cycled yarn. I have made two shawls and 2 pairs of mitts so far. I have a bag on the needles right now as well as a shawl. ...................... I do have patterns to go with most of the lace weight yarn.



This is the Swallowtail Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark. My Dear Friend Gail gave me the ball of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment