Thursday 6 August 2009

WE HAVE TO LOCK UP THE GARBAGE

YES you read that correctly WE HAVE TO LOCK UP THE GARBAGE .................... I mean we lock the house, we lock the car, we lock the truck, we lock the workshop , we lock the outside freezer and now we need to lock the garbage.NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL STEAL IT BUT BECAUSE OF BEARS. The city has sent out a notice saying people in certain areas need to lock the container or put them in a secure BEAR resistant garage or shed. I haven't seen any bears here but apparently there has been one several blocks away by the river............ so now we have to lock up our garbage. When the garbage strike was on many years ago, DH used to wrap his garbage up in gift paper and leave it on the seat in his car with the window open ......................... someone always stole that but garbage out of the bin????????????................ I guess it is appealing if you are a bear.

Well Tuesday Jill and I drove to the Kelowna exit on the Coquihalla highway to drop DGD off with her Dad and Grandma Pat. She is supposed to stay 2 weeks so we will see if she lasts that long.
Last week the heat and the air quality almost did me in but this week it is cooler and things aren't as bad. Let's see I have been sorting through my patterns for various things and have been ruthless in getting rid of stuff ..................... well I have been with some things. The sock patterns didn't see much thinning................. but some other things did. I have emptied five ...................... yes 5 binders. I have a binder of dish cloth patterns that I am going to see if someone wants. Other things have gone in the re-cycling or if the paper is only printed on one side it goes into the printer........................ I really am trying to recycle. I am also cheap.............. or should I say economical!!!!!!!

I have finished my Swallow Tail shawl. No photo to show you as the thingy that transfers the pictures from the camera to the computer is broken. It wasn't broken when I put it away but it is now. I don't know where the broken bit is but something isn't working . ................. therefore NO photos................ boring I know.

I have been doing some spinning and have started another pair of socks. This weekend is the SOCK SUMMIT in Portland but I am not going. Knotions on line is having special sock patterns etc for those of us that didn't get to go.

Didn't ride my bike last week because of the heat and poor air quality. I don't know what my excuse is for this week.

1 comment:

  1. That is way too funny about the "gifted" garbage!
    I love to read your blogs they give me a good laugh for the day.
    Laughter IS the best medicine *grin*

    ReplyDelete