Wednesday 23 January 2008

chaos reigns supreme

Does anyone else feel like their life goes from one crisis to another?????????
Two weeks ago Jill was driving my car down the lane and someone came roaring out of the underground parking and smashed ino the passenger side front of my car. Fortunately no one was hurt. So the turn signal light left over from the last time someone ran into the car will come in handy and Bill has the tools to bang out the dents in the fender.

When Jill took it into ICBC the conversation went like this.
Adjuster:- "You again"
Jill:- "Yes ...... Why is it every time I borrow my Mother 's car someone runs into it. I mean it looks like a F%^&*$ Bumble Bee (her father taught her that language)." This comment was followed by gales of laughter from the office staff.
Adjuster:- "You know we are going to write it off again?"
Jill :- ".... and you know that Mum doesn't want that. She loves this car?"
Adjuster:- "I know so we will do the buy back like last time. Okay?"
Jill:- "Okay"
So far the other party hasn't reported the accident so we are waiting.

Last Thursday Bill is on his way back from the BC/Alberta border. Mid afternoon he calls-"I am Okay" ........................ I am waiting for the but ...................... The truck hit an icy spot as the automatic transmission shifted, the rear tires started to skid, the truck heads for the snow bank on the far side of the road, after flipping over and who knows what else the truck is in the snow on the far side of the highway , facing the highway. So far Bill is okay other than being very stiff, sore, and badly bruised. (Friend Lisa thinks he is a cat who has used up 5 of his 9 lives.) He is not up to working but that is okay because he doesn't have anything to work in. Fortunately we were well insured.......................................................................................
....................... so the new truck is a mess and maybe written off . All his stuff is still in the truck............. The pilot car thingy on the top off the truck went flying somewhere............. Thank the Lord he wasn't hurt badly............ Well after the trip to the hospital and the interview with the police he waits until 4:00 am Friday for the bus (only 1 a day through Clearwater). He gets home at 12:30 Friday. Lost his glasses in the accident but is home so all else doesn't matter............... I am a wreck ............the crisis is over and I am coming apart at the seams............

ACCORDING TO SHELBY
On hearing about Bill's accident her comment to him on the phone was "Grandpa , it's a good thing you have a big stomach because it saved your face."

It is now Wednesday and things have settled down. The house is in chaos as we are moving at the end of the month and I am trying to pack this house AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH............................WHY DID WE COLLECT ALL THIS STUFF????????????????????
Okay, Okay I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.............I have a plan ......................... I mean other than packing willy-nilly with boxes every where and paths through the chaos.............................TA DA .............we will have organized chaos.

I will start with the treadle sewing machine in the craft room and work out from there. Once that room is packed up I can put boxes of stuff from the other rooms in there. Is this possible???? When we moved in here the craft room boxes in the craft room were piled 6 feet high with a three foot empty square just inside the door.................. Well I have gotten rid of bags and bags and bags of stuff out of that room. Not that you can tell by looking ..................................... but honestly I have .............really.

So life goes on and I am excited about moving into the house. I will post pictures after we move. I might even take photos of the craft room before we move. We are having a packing party on Saturday. Have to get some wine (Not whine ......I have done enough of that) and cheese....................... plus MORE boxes........

On a nice note Brian chose my blog as one that he enjoys................. Thank you Brian.........
Well I think I should go to bed as it is 11:25 and I have to get up tomorrow and do................can you guess.............................
MORE PACKING.

Oh yes the ABBA women got together for lunch on Sunday and we had a great time. They bought me lunch. I really do have wonderful friends. Yesterday I took my friend Molly out for a Birthday lunch and frivaling. We had a great time. Tonight was sock knitters and that is always fun.................. well I did say I was going to go to bed so Good night all.

2 comments:

  1. oh dear Karen... and i thought i was having a bad month... lets hope that we have it all over in the month in January... next time we are together, lets get the wine out and have a good whine and pity party....keep your chin up my dear friend, and let the cards fall where they may..hugs sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen, I can't believe all that craziness! I'm glad no one was hurt!

    ReplyDelete