Friday 11 January 2008

I just can't do it every day

I mean write on this blog everyday..................... there are other things I can't seem to do everyday but we won't go into those............ Today is Friday and we are still looking for a place to move into. Have 2 places to visit tomorrow so we will see.
I have managed to pack one bookcase (6 boxes) I think we will only have about 30 boxes of books this time as opposed to the 40 we had last time we moved. All the CD's are packed and I did manage to take the tree down and put all the decorations away except the Santa at the piano that plays a story tape........................... why do I always seem to miss one thing. Oh well it only has to go in a box and then to the other side of the room. My Craft room is well organized in that most things are already in boxes. I got a couple of Ikea bags to put fabric in ( the stuff that isn't already in boxes.)

Yesterday I went to look at a "house" in Burnaby. That was an adventure. I didn't wake up until 10:50 ............. can you believe it..............I can't .............. don't know why I slept that late. Jill says it is the stress. Me ........... STRESSED ............
NAH .................. not me. We only have to find a place to live, change all the utilities over, e-mail and snail mail the new address and PACK THIS HOUSE THAT IS JAM PACKED WITH STUFF .............. then there is the crawl space .............not even sure what is there any more. The back porch has two freezers, a cooler, all my canning jars, Bill's assorted stuff, a camping cooler and at least 1 unwashed fleece . Am I off topic or what. Went to Burnaby , forgot that Sprot Street only has an exit from the west and an entrance from the east. Remember this entrance as I didn't . Ended up going to
Willingdon, turned right instead of left..................... turned around and went down Canada Way .......... missed Sprot again....... finally found to place...... NOT a house but a 2 bedroom suite with NO STORAGE.
PACK-RATS NEED STORAGE.
It was nicely finished and very bright , the best so far but not right for us. So I head for home, here is where you need to remember about the freeway entrance.I DIDN'T. Driving along and the exits don't look right ...........................................
............ AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH....................I am going WEST not EAST. ..................... Get off at Hastings and follow it into Port Moody ........................... made the trip in just enough time to pick up Jill and get Shelby from school. Its probably a good thing the suite wasn't for us. I would spend all my time going the wrong way...........LOL......................
When I got home Bill said" How was your day" I said "I am not sure. I don't think I was there."



Now here is one of the cones of "YELLOW" yarn that was mentioned in Sharon's WNK report........VBG...........This is the yarn I am going to use for my "Spring Shawl Surprise"









Here are 2 finished projects ........... a fisherman style scarf in ...............uuuuuuummmmmm.................... something soft.
The long, thin, beaded scarf is for a tall, elegant friend. Both scarves are my own design.......... and very simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment