Monday 9 February 2009

Resting

I am resting today from all the activity I have been involved in the last two weeks. I went to the Langley Weavers and Spinners Guild retreat on Friday with Gail and we had a great time. (Boy was Shelby ever mad at me for going away again.) Friday night was spinning and shopping until about 11:00 when we went to bed. Gail had insomnia ............................ it took her 5 minutes to fall asleep............. That was probably because she kept telling me that we only had one and a half days left at the retreat................... crazy woman.
Saturday we were up about 7:00 , breakfast at 8;00 then more spinning, shopping, door prizes, a scavenger hunt, food and more spinning.My door prize was a small bag of dyed silk hankies, stitch markers and spinning oil all in a lovely reusable bag.
There was lots of laughter and meeting new friends...................... one of the best things is we didn't have to COOK.
That night we managed to stay up until 12:30 .................... I think. Gail went to sleep right after saying we have to go home tomorrow. Sunday was gift exchange day and I received a sheep ornament and the little sheep was wearing a quilt............ very appropriate for me.
I think I was fairly restrained in my purchases. I bought 2 books and 2 small packages of fiber. I have spun up the blue BFL and started on the brown BFL. They will become projects from the "One Skein Wonders " book I bought.
Tomorrow I will post photos from the retreat. Today I am just too lazy to put new batteries in my camera and take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment