Thursday 12 March 2009

Not awake but

there is a contest at http://colorfulartgirl.blogspot.com/
Go check it out and maybe you will win something, you never know.

The large mouse is gone but has left evidence of her visit.




Last night I was running away from home. DH had an abscessed tooth so has been a bear for the last 5 days, DGD has been out of sorts because DH hasn't got her play house here yet and the dog is sulking because I went out with out her and DGD is getting more attention than she is. Do you wonder that I want to run away. DH said go early to knitting and have some dinner out first. After A&W dinner with Gail and knitting in the pool hall with the girls I was much better and decided to go home again. The trouble with running away from home is that there really isn't any place else I want to be for long. I think I need a weekend retreat. It beats the heck out of making stitch markers.
This is a great activity for instant gratification as they don't take a long time to make and you have something pretty to show for your work .................................. there is only one problem ............................. YOU ONLY NEED SO MANY STITCH MARKERS ................... once you have enough and all your friends have enough you really should stop making them ...but.................................................... This is my dining room table where I make the stitch markers.



Then I found these really neat beads. They are lemons, plums,bananas, grapes, beans,peas, and carrots.


Well it is 9:52 , i am still in my PJ's, I haven't had breakfast and only had ONE cup of coffee. I NEED MORE COFFEE. No one responds so I guess I will have to go make it myself. DH is at work.

I was so proud of myself because I was sure I had all my yarn on that one section of shelving in the ROOM except for the yarn in the living room, one 3 drawer plastic unit and 5 baskets plus the cedar chest full of hand spun. Laying in bed last night I REMEMBERED ...................... there is ANOTHER container of yarn in THE ROOM plus there are 4 sweaters (or is it 5) in the living room waiting to be unraveled ................................... darn, darn, darn. I thought I could start organizing the quilting.

I knew I shouldn't have checked.

I have done the bead stash and the button stash (sort of - I might need another 60 drawer parts chest) ................ they are just little plastic drawers. Actually I can probably manage with one of the smaller ones I have. I want to mount the 60 drawer one on the wall in THE ROOM



It is now 10:54. I am dressed, have had my breakfast and am on my second cup of coffee..................... I am almost human or as close as I get. Now to plan my day, dishes -hum the dishwasher isn't full so won't turn it on, vacuum -did that yesterday, laundry - maybe we aren't desperate for something to wear. I should put away the stitch marker making stuff and clear the chairs so people can sit on them. At the moment the only place to sit is my chair (where I am ) and DH's chair (where he isn't)
Not that there is anyone here who needs a chair but it would be good to have one or two free in case someone does come. I have made my bed but I could put away the books by the bed. At least I could if I had someplace to put them. I think I need another book shelf, but don't tell Lisa. Well I think I will just go do what strikes my fancy.

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for the shoutout. i LOVE your bead and button stash. What are stitch markers? I've never heard of it? Do tell..

    You're funny by the way, reading your blog made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete